Word-Driven, Christ-Centered Fruit
Topic: Word-Driven, Christ-Centered Fruit Passage: Romans 15:1–15:7
Our Reminder (vs. 1-2): Consider the interest of others above your own.
Our Motivation (vs. 3): What Jesus has done for you.
J esus first
O thers second
Y ourself last
Our Enduring, Encouraging Instruction (vs. 4, 7)
The Scriptures are entirely applicable to today.
The Scriptures lead us to endure.
The Scriptures will increase our hope.
All the Scriptures are centered on Jesus.
The Scriptures give us certain hope.
- Written over 1,500 years by more than 40 authors from vastly different backgrounds
- One continual unified theme of redemption by a Savior, whose name is Jesus.
Time between Original Writings and Earliest Copy
- Original Writing – 384-322 BC
- Earliest Copy – 1100 AD
- Time Span – 1,400 Years
- New Testament
- Original Writing – 48-96 AD
- Earliest Copy – 125 AD, Whole NT 200 AD
- Time Span – 75-100 Years
- Number of Manuscripts
- New Testament – 24,633 Manuscripts
- Sophocles - 193
- Aristotle – 49
- Tacitus – 20
- Caesar – 10
- Aristophenes – 10
The Result and Purpose (vs. 5-6):
The Result: Harmony in Christ.
The Purpose: Glory of God
“Unity does not come when we seek it; rather, it is a by-product of seeking to follow Jesus.” Tim Keller